Made Possible by Lead Partners
Boots on the Ground Month
How to participate
Industry professionals: Speak on-campus (in a live or virtual format) and share your career stories with students! In partnership with Insurance Careers Movement, Boots on the Ground Month aims to reach students nationwide and share the breadth of opportunity in insurance. Join us!
How to participate:
- Use our step-by-step guide and resources to plan your campus visits. Our resources can be used for live or virtual presentations!
- Register your campus outreach plans so we can provide you with resources and reminders.
- After your presentation, report back. We track the schools and students reached industry-wide.
- Overview: Step-by-step guide and resources for participation.
- Sample outreach email: Use this template to reach out to schools and schedule your campus visit.
- Sample slides to help you build your presentation.
Boots on the Ground Month Pre-Registration
Thank you for sharing your story with students and helping to expand and diversify the talent pipeline! Help us show the power and scope of the industry's collective efforts by logging your anticipated outreach.
Thank you for participating in Boots on the Ground Month and directly impacting the future of talent! How did it go? Help us track industry-wide efforts by sharing details of your campus visit.
A call to action for industry professionals to go back to school each October to share your career stories and inspire students to choose a career in insurance. Join us October 2021 and shape the future of talent!
Note: While face-to-face engagement remains key to our mission, in consideration of current circumstances and to promote safe social distancing, we encourage participants to consider virtual campus visits.
Regional Conference Series
Save The Date: 2022 to be announced
Held annually in multiple locations and funded through generous donors and event sponsors, the Regional Conferences provide a forum for students of all majors pursuing careers in insurance from both Gamma Iota Sigma chapters and non-GIS schools to expand their industry knowledge and connect with industry professionals, career opportunities, and resources. Each event includes a career fair, networking, educational sessions, professional development, and community service.